Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link or SmartVault

dave gorzynski
Level 1

I am new to the Proseries software. Why would I use SmartVault instead of Intuit Link? They appear to each offer a secure way to exchange information with clients, but intuit link appears to offer a richer integration. So why would I use SmartVault?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

The biggest difference is that SmartVault is a DMS but Link is a basic client portal.  I don't use SmartVault but did use Link - you can do a search here and read about feedback from others on Link.

Both are integrated with PS and I think you will find SmartVault a much more polished product.  Intuit continues to push for Link to replace conventional organizer with its basic Questionnaire and Document Checklist, which have only open questions and minimal proforma from prior year data.  If you are happy with this format of data collection, Link may be the way to go.

But if you want more control over how your portal works and need DMS capability, you should consider SmartVault instead.

You can read more about SmartVault integration with PS in this article: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/comparing-smartvault-and-dms-features/00/...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar