Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Champions program member agreement

PATAX
Level 15

I got an e-mail today to read & sign this... while I am honored that they nominated me, I do not like to sign anything unless I can thoroughly read it..IMHO this document is so long my glasses will become even thicker if I try to read whole thing.... God Almighty... This is longer than  mortgage agreement on a Habsburg Castle... So I don't think I'm signing... just my humble opinion as a nerd...🤓🐕😉

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

13 pages of legalese to get a badge/title to volunteer to answer questions here for free.

We can do the same thing without strings and without the badge/title for the same pay.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

25 Comments 25
sjrcpa
Level 15

13 pages of legalese to get a badge/title to volunteer to answer questions here for free.

We can do the same thing without strings and without the badge/title for the same pay.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

"for the same pay."

In the midst of The Great Resignation, it's at least twice the prior rate.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sign an agreement that says "yeah, I agree that if someone wants to sue me for something I say here, I absolutely agree that Intuit has no liability but feel free to sue me"

I think I took business law pretty close to 45 years ago, but my recollection of that class tells me, I really don't want to sign that. For those that do want to sign that, feel free and may the Force be with you.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I sent it straight to my spam folder...   I see absolutely NO benefit to *me*; only to Intuit.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

i didnt get one. I think I was FIRED!!! 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

I sent it straight to my spam folder...   I see absolutely NO benefit to *me*; only to Intuit.  

/sarcasm font on/   Are you kidding?  It points out a some really nice benefits, such as:

A limited license to use the designation “Intuit® Community Champion” in certain contexts while you are a program member in good standing ... Be a brand ambassador

• Program membership certificate

People generally think of TurboTax when they hear "Intuit", so we have the privilege of advertising for TurboTax!

And a Membership Certificate!!!  How can you turn that down?   /sarcasm font off/

If you post something or say something that causes someone else to file a legal claim against you or Intuit, you agree that you are legally responsible and Intuit will have no liability to you or to the third-party making a claim.

So let's say we posted something like "Yeah, we told Intuit about that error a long time ago and they never fixed it".  Then somebody sues Intuit about that error that they never fixed.  This contract says that WE are legally responsible.

not disclose or share your personally identifiable information (i.e., name, address, email, phone number, etc.) with any user or other Champion ...  for the purpose of engaging such user or other Champion for your own benefit;

So for those of us that have shared our emails with each other to ask occasional questions, that would be in violation of this agreement.

PATAX
Level 15

I hope you get a nice severance package...😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m guessing the severance package was nice, but I think he is going to miss the use of that company car.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

"So for those of us that have shared our emails with each other to ask occasional questions, that would be in violation of this agreement."

Another reason I didn't sign.

They actually gave an option to Decline to sign. I did and was able to give a reason.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I hit that decline button too.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

a nice swift kick in the butt. 🤣

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I dont want to give back my Chevelle company car....."Say it aint so, Joe?!".

qbteachmt
Level 15

"They actually gave an option to Decline to sign."

Really?

Okay, I just went back to look, and it's not in the email. I was hesitant to click the link to the document signature site, which I just did, and of course, it wants to make cookies and keep all my private info before continuing, so no thanks. I scrolled through it in the background and only see Accept, and Click Here to Sign. I closed it. It has an expiration date. I'm sure they'll get the point.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You had to open the Docusign document to see it. I did because I wanted to read it.

The option to Decline to Sign was in a menu on the left.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

Oh, on the left, under options. I had to accept their cookies. Thanks.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Oh, and @qbteachmt your screen name would not be allowed since it contains "qb"

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe I shouldn't have declined it and instead signed it with my stage name - Wile E Coyote?  When is the last time you ever heard of a coyote being sued?

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"your screen name would not be allowed since it contains "qb""

That's my "One Intuit ID for everything Intuit."

CAGMC.

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Someone made our own badges several years ago.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
abctax55
Level 15

That would have been Sandy aka Tilt55 (I think those were the numbers she used...)  

Who, BTW, is still around and doing OK.  Still taking in multiple stray kitties 🙂

She said to said to say Happy Holidays to all of your that remember her.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

That would have been me.  It was a fine badge if I must say so.  I'm surprised Intuit didn't consult with me for the design of their badges.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

I created it and Sandy refined it.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff... really??  Sandy's the one that gave me my first one (think troll party....).  

I didn't mean to slight you, but since YOU never gave me one (sniff, sniff, I *thought* you liked me 🙂 I gave the mention to Sandy.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I dug up the mentally handicapped bird pic and called it my badge.  Sandy shrunk it down to one size fits all for everyone to use.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Tax Allstar badge.jpg

From memory lane - the first official unofficial AllStar badge.

Slava Ukraini!