Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit case update

treasur2
Level 3

I had a software problem yesterday that no one here could help with. I called the product helpdesk, they had me upload file. Sent me the automated case number spam. With a return of "NoResponse <no_response@intuit.com>"

Nice....

I need some kind of update, some kind of communication. I had waited 30 minutes on hold, before having to hang up.  Hope the help desk monitors this.

I don't see anywhere in my "profile" here how to track or otherwise find out what's going on. Can you advise?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

It seemed to us to be more of a user issue  than a software issue

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/adjusted-basis-increase...

You should be able to log in to your online account and see the status of that support ticket.

P.S. The help desk does not monitor this forum.

Ex-AllStar
treasur2
Level 3

Then why did they want to perform a remote access session for 20 minutes, then ask me to upload the file, when they were unable to resolve it themselves.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I have no idea.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Your issue was using the wrong input for the scenario. You called Intuit, and they attempted to help, because they don't necessarily understand the tax regulation part of what you were doing, when what you were doing what not a personal residence issue. That wasn't spam, by the way. It's simply a "do not reply using your email or email client" because they are notifying you, not asking for your response. That's your case number.

You want a response, but this is peer users. No one here is on the case for you.

Did you ever try it as you were given direction? You marked your original topic solved. That wasn't a workaround. That was directions from peer users, which are the people you asked here in the community, about a scenario they have some knowledge and experience with.

You pointed out the home was improved after death and there was no owner living in it as a residence. It's just property at that point.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.