Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview mode

adobo
Level 2

Is interview mode possible to have in Proseries?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

There is a forms mode and a quick entry mode.  I use the forms mode.. more like doing an actual tax return vs quick entry mode, which is going to be the closest thing to an interview mode as an inteview mode per se is not part of ProSeries.

athaureaux6
Level 8

With all respect, I would hate the interview mode, it will be a waste of time in my opinion. Entry directly in the form is perfect. That was one of the reasons I loved proseries since 2001. I do not see the benefits of the interview mode when you have the Where to enter button. But it is just my opinion. Have a great day everybody.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I walk my clients though the Federal Information worksheet and gather all their personal information.  Then we work through all their income sources, then their deductions, then whatever else is left in their pile of stuff.

You could purchase the Organizer product and have your clients fill out one of those.  It goes thorough a long interview questionnaire sheet for you to work from.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
adobo
Level 2

Federal Information worksheet is my go-to also.  After getting exposure to Turbo Tax online, I saw some features that could be helpful with some new clients using the interview mode.

0 Cheers
adobo
Level 2

I also use the forms mode.  The Interview mode as in Turbo Tax Live could be very useful with some new clients... so having it available in ProSeries would be welcome.

0 Cheers