Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect SSN on an amended form

Ugh, ugh, and double-ugh. Not sure if it was a typo or if the client misspoke, but the paper amended forms I sent yesterday had an incorrect ssn. I can't believe the client didn't catch it when I was pointing out various sections of the paper form for him to sign but there you have it, he didn't. First three digits should have been 377 but instead shows as 372. So, not sure, do I send an amendment for the amendment asap, or wait until it is rejected? Thank you!! 

p.s. Is tax season over yet? 😉 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

It probably won't be rejected, IRS will probably match it to the correct number and either process it or send a notice asking for confirmation.  If you managed to call, they would tell you to wait 45 days.  

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
BobKamman
Level 15

It probably won't be rejected, IRS will probably match it to the correct number and either process it or send a notice asking for confirmation.  If you managed to call, they would tell you to wait 45 days.  

Thank you!  Sounds reasonable. 

0 Cheers