Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In ProSeries. I have a 1065 K-1 with an amount in box 11I, for the sale of QSBS stock which is eligible for the full 1202 exclusion. How do you handle in ProSeries?

ahspierer
Level 1

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

fill out schedule D worksheet (when in any box double click), and the capital gain/loss adjustment worksheet will pop up. scroll down to part 3, and you will see the box for QSB stock

AHS96
Level 2

Hi Terry53029,

Thank you for replying.  I was out on vacation which is why the reply is delayed.  The issue I have is the Schedule D rolls from the K-1.  When I click on the D and it brings me to the 8949, it will not allow me to click into the adjustment box or any other box.  I don't know if there is a way to enter the adjustment without overriding the cell.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Go back to the Schedule D and double right click as I mentioned in the previous reply

AHS96
Level 2

Hi Terry53029,

There must be some confusion.  Your first email did not mention right clicking twice, but that doesn't work either.  If I were completing a 1099-B from a brokerage house, I would use the worksheet and have no problem entering an adjustment.  However, in this case the gain is entered onto the K-1 which automatically gets transferred to Schedule D.  Once it's on the D, you cannot enter any adjustments.  You can double click it and it will take you to the 8949, but you can't make changes to the 8949 without an override.  That's where I'm stuck.  There is no worksheet involved when transferred from a K-1, unless there is and I'd love to learn how.  I sincerely appreciate your help in trying to resolve this.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You need to get to the Capital gain/loss worksheet to enter the QSB adjustment in part three. Try going to the 1099B worksheet, then double left click on any box (a blank box will work) A box will popup to create a new copy (just name it QSB or whatever you prefer) Then go down to part 3 and make your adjustment. 

0 Cheers
AHS96
Level 2

Hi again.  I ended up taking out the capital gain from the K-1 and used the 1099-B form to record the gain and make the adjustment cleanly.  I used the same verbiage as was transferred from the K-1 so it ends up looking identical.  Thank you for your help.