Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In box 14 on the w2 there is a code HCW (health care worker bonus). Do we need to complete for IT-225 for NYS to get the tax credit on the state?

chiodoinc
Level 4

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
walnut123
Level 3

Happy to.

Open the IT-225.Other Additions and Subtractions Statement

In Schedule B, Part 1 look for code S143.  Health Care Bonus amount is entered here.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
qbteachmt
Level 15

I found this on the web:

The new questions and answers are: 

1. How should employees ensure their HWB Program bonus remain exempt from NYS taxes when filing their 2022 taxes, as W-2 income for Federal and State taxes must match? 
  2. Eligible employees should complete Form IT-225  and submit with their NYS tax return. 
  3. When reporting employee earnings, what box on the W-2 should the HWB Program bonus be listed? A. The HWB Program bonus should be recorded in Box 14 of the W-2.
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
chiodoinc
Level 4

Thank you.  I did see this but the proseries does not autogenerate the form on the state side.  When I select it, there are no input fields.  Should I be using a certain identification code in box 14 when I enter the HCW amount?  The third column does not give me any options that match a health care bonus to trigger the IT 225 form.  Thank you again.

0 Cheers
walnut123
Level 3

0 Cheers
chiodoinc
Level 4

Please elaborate.  I don't know what #143 means

0 Cheers
walnut123
Level 3

Happy to.

Open the IT-225.Other Additions and Subtractions Statement

In Schedule B, Part 1 look for code S143.  Health Care Bonus amount is entered here.

chiodoinc
Level 4

Thank you soooo much

Have a nice evening and best of luck this tax season

kbrady56
Level 1

Thank you

0 Cheers
Barbs
Level 1

I am not finding the area on Schedule B to enter the code S143 for the health care worker bonus.  Is anyone able to tell me where I would be able to enter it on Schedule B so that IT-225 can be populated?

Thanks

Barbs

0 Cheers
walnut123
Level 3

Not sure what Schedule B you are referring to.

Open up the IT-225 and enter the # S-143 amount.