Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in 2021 how do i record year 2 income from a 2020 coronavirus related retirement distribution

Dell
Level 2

in 2020 a coronavirus related distribution from a 401k could be spread over 3 years.  But it is not automatically picking up year 2 income on the 2021 1040.  Please advise,  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

need 8915-F, latest word it should be ready 03.24.  there are workarounds but 03.24 is almost here. 

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

need 8915-F, latest word it should be ready 03.24.  there are workarounds but 03.24 is almost here. 

Steve Stohr
Level 2

It is frustrating that this form is not complete, and the date keeps getting kicked down the road.  I have at least a dozen returns waiting on this form, and my clients are getting restless...   I'm gonna go try to hunt down that work around...

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You are only talking a week, why mess around with something that could come back to bite you later?

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

YOu are wrong. It does not keep getting kicked down the road but gets kicked up the road. It was not so long ago the date was 3/31 but now it is 03/24.

0 Cheers