Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illinois form not ready

Laaccy1
Level 2

I am trying to print out a client today.  I keep getting a message that IL can't print because a form isn't ready.  I have printed several this week with no  problem.  When I review each form, nothing says not ready.  I have updated everything again.  IL shows form is ready.  I have deleted the form and reselected it.  Nothing changed.  What Now???

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
rcooley25
Level 11

I have had the same problem. By any chance does your tax return have   il1040ES for 2023 as part of the tax return? When I give the command to not print IL1040Es the tax return prints just fine. But if I do not do this the tax return does not print up. I do not know how to get intuit to straighten this problem out so what I am planning to do is print up IL1040es off of the internet and get the information to my clients who have IL1040Es forms to file their forms.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Im not exactly sure if basic operates the same as professional.....but can you run repair updates? 

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I have had the same problem. By any chance does your tax return have   il1040ES for 2023 as part of the tax return? When I give the command to not print IL1040Es the tax return prints just fine. But if I do not do this the tax return does not print up. I do not know how to get intuit to straighten this problem out so what I am planning to do is print up IL1040es off of the internet and get the information to my clients who have IL1040Es forms to file their forms.

rcooley25
Level 11

I have already tried that and it does not work. See the post that I made to the preparer who   had this problem.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

wait, are your problems with the watermark or something else? 

If you cant print, IL-1040es, thats a different issue.

@IntuitGabi Said this will be fixed in next weeks updates. NONE of my clients should be in dire need of the IL-1040ES as of yet.

My main issue is the watermark on the voucher and ES forms. 

deb27
Level 1

I am having the same issue not printing Illinois due to forms not ready when clearly they are when you view the update download.  How did you correct?

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Can you tell me exactly what you are trying to do? Can you not print 1040? Can you not print IL 1040-ES? 

My original issue is the watermark printing in the estimates and voucher form. 

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Cannot print IL1040Es which means unless you give the command to not print il040eS  you cant print the entire state return.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Interesting.....I cannot recreate. I can print them all but I get a watermark on my ES and Voucher forms. @IntuitGabi states that the fix is coming this week or next. That part I will nvr understand is why an issue is not fixed as its found? Thats a marked difference from the old days where a problem was fixed that day. But, whatever.......

@rcooley25 and all, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your Illinois module and hopefully that corrects your issue.