Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you live in main home for 8 mo, then rent it out last 4 mos, how do you get interest and taxes to calc & distribute correctly on Sch E and A?

lso68
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

To interpret Mr. Yote...you have to do the math & allocate accordingly to each Schedule.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

To interpret Mr. Yote...you have to do the math & allocate accordingly to each Schedule.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
lso68
Level 1
Thanks - just making sure I am not missing something.  Thank you for being polite - I will think twice before asking for help again thanks to the first rude response.     
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If you think that was rude, you really must live in a fluffy world.  Say hi to the unicorns for me.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
His response wasn't rude.  Considering it's April 1st, I'm surprised anyone answered you anyway.
Happy rest of the tax season....you do realize we are all just VOLUNTEERS here, right?  And under the same looming deadline.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

With an adding machine.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Hmmm  someone is snarky tonite.
@lso68  - Jeff's answer IS correct, even if you didn't find it helpful.  Not even Lacerte (PS's big sister) does the calculations for you under the circumstances you described.
Maybe you'd like his answer better if he said use an abacus ?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Snarky?  I just answered the question on how I conquer the great mysteries of the wonderful world of taxes.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I wasn't talkin'  'bout YOU :joy::joy:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!