Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID verification

Minvest
Level 3

My client's driver's license expiration date is 03/31/20.

She's unable to renew it because of the Corona virus situation.

My software flags an error, which I can't bypass.

What options do I have, other than having the client mail her returns?

Thanks for your response,

Michael

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Unless your client is filing a return for the few states that require a driver's license, you can check the box that that the taxpayer does not have a driver's license or state ID.  Scroll further down the screen and check the boxes for alternative means of verifying your client's identity.  You should then be able to e-file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Unless your client is filing a return for the few states that require a driver's license, you can check the box that that the taxpayer does not have a driver's license or state ID.  Scroll further down the screen and check the boxes for alternative means of verifying your client's identity.  You should then be able to e-file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Minvest
Level 3

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Much appreciated!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

YAVW, @Minvest!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers