Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IA 1065

kerry
Level 3

Is anyone getting an error on the 1065 p5-8 Sch C (BAR) line 13 and you can not override it if you want to efile the return?  How do I get 100% in that line?

Also error shows up on sch K-1 part II line 13-section 179 deduction and I can not override this if I want to efile the return.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@taxiowa  It appears the IA 1120S due date is May 1st.  Do you concur?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
26 Comments 26
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@kerry   @IntuitEric  @IntuitGabiU 

INTUIT PROGRAMMERS TAKE NOTE: 

PS23 IA 1065, Other state in which the partnership operates is blank, there are no other states selected.  This means AMOUNT SUBJECT TO APPORTIONMENT = NONE.  ALL OF THE INCOME IS ATTRIBUTED TO IOWA.  ALL = 100.000000% to IOWA.  Make the IA 1065, page 6, line 13 default to 100.000000% when no other states have been selected.

ALSO:  1065, line 15 Section 179 deduction is blank, but partner's K-1, line 13, Section 179 deduction, column (a) Federal/All-source Amounts has been populated with a zero.  This leads to an Error alert in column (b) Amounts Attributable to Iowa. [The program wants me to apportion a zero on the partner's K-1.]  Overriding this field on the K-1 with a zero does not turn off the Error alert.  Cannot efile with this Error alert present.  PLEASE FIX THIS PRONTO!!

user_916354
Level 2

I am having the same issue, and it's Sunday night, so no support available.  Ugh.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

You can manually get BAR to 100% by entering something total receipts or net rental in Schedule C as 100% Iowa.  but that does not fix depr. adj.  I will try overriding one tonight.  And As "Bread" once said "I will give you an answer in the morning."

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Well if "You gotta know right now" I don't think it worked.  Everything accepted except Iowa p'ship which is hung up in sent to Intuit status.  And since federal is accepted and you probably can't extend an accepted return, there is no way to extend Iowa p'ship return.  Iowa accepts federal extension as their own.  So I would not recommend overriding.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

2022 IA 1120S Iowa Income Tax Return of S Corporation
Instructions

What’s New for Tax Year 2022
• The S corporation income tax return has been
redesigned. Please read the instructions carefully.
• New penalties apply for failure to timely file the
S corporation income tax return, even if no tax
is due by the S corporation. See Part 6, line 50
instructions below.
• S corporations with nonresident shareholders
have new composite return filing and tax
remittance requirements. See Composite Filing
below and the IA PTE-C Iowa Composite Return
for more information.
• New electronic filing requirements apply to
certain S corporation returns. See Time and
Place for Filing below.
• All S corporations are required to complete the
Schedule C – Business Activity Ratio, even if all
the S corporation’s business is conducted in Iowa.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Time and Place for Filing
The Iowa S corporation return must be filed on or
before the last day of the fourth month following
the close of the S corporation’s tax year. For
calendar year filers, the due date is May 1, 2023.
If the S corporation is required to file a short period
return consisting of fewer than 12 months, the Iowa
short period return is due 45 days after the due
date of the federal short period return. Every S
corporation that owes no tax and does not file by
the original due date automatically receives a 6-
month extension of time to file after the original due
date, provided the return is filed within that 6-
month period. No extension request form is
required. If the S corporation owes tax on built-in
gains or passive investment income (see Part 5
below), a 6-month automatic extension will be
granted only if at least 90% of that total tax liability
is paid by the original due date of the return. Late filed returns are subject to penalty. For more
information, see the instructions for Part 6, lines 49
and 50 below.

Line 50: S corporations that do not owe Iowa tax
on built-in gains or passive investment income on
line 35 but that file their IA 1120S return after the
due date, including extensions, are subject to a
late filing penalty. For more information, see Iowa
Code section 421.27(1)(b) and Iowa
Administrative Code rule 701—10.6(2). If you are
filing your return late and do not owe Iowa tax on
built-in gains or passive investment income (line
35), complete the late filing penalty calculation in
Part 7, lines 55-60, and enter the amount from
line 60 on this line.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@taxiowa  It appears the IA 1120S due date is May 1st.  Do you concur?

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitGabiU  Is there a solution coming on these Iowa business module snafus?

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I think we are talking about partnership returns (1065), not s-corps.

0 Cheers
grimmsauto
Level 2

I am an S-Corp, finally able to get Iowa State up to complete.  I am getting an error for the BAR 1065 p5-8 line 13.  It took my gross receipts from federal imputed them into line 1 column B, and line 5 other interests, but left column A alone, with line 13 with nothing.  I looked at last years 2021 tax information to compare and everything is blank with line 13 as 100%.  I cannot override either.  I don't want to enter numbers to screw myself over.  Any ideas? 

0 Cheers
grimmsauto
Level 2

So let's say if I input in the Iowa Receipts Column A the same amount as Column B for this 1065 Schedule C p5-8 I should ok to do to get my line 13 to 100%.  Or should I wait and see?

0 Cheers
grimmsauto
Level 2

I have that same problem with my Iowa error, it tells me that my gross receipts are over that $250k and can't efile, but when I go to the 1065 p5-8 sch C (BAR) looking at past 2021 that has it where it is 100% without the column A or B filled in.  They have made it very difficult to do this year for that.  Playing around with it.  So right now my example is they've automatically imputed in Column B line 1 $x amount, so should I put that same amount in Column A as $x too to make it the 100%?

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitBettyJo  @IntuitGabi  Can you tell us about these Iowa Business Module snafus?  IA 1065 and IA 1120S modules still have Errors preventing Iowa e-file.  Is Intuit aware of this?  When will it be fixed?  

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

S-Corps have gone thru by simply making BAR = 100%.  And it really doesn't matter how you do it on Schedule C, as long as you don't actually have non-resident shareholders.  All the errors go away and the figures are all correct so I filed 10 last week with no problems. 

Now the 1065 is another story.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the report. We're investigating this. In the meantime, have you tried clearing the error by overriding a zero into the Total Deductions line of the Schedule K-1? Once cleared, you should be able to e-file the return as normal. 

0 Cheers
kerry
Level 3

Intuit should be very aware of this for I was on tech support last Friday for over 2 hours trying to work through this mess.  My IA 1120S has been efiled and accepted but I am still waiting on the IA 1065.  There was an update yesterday so I am hoping this fixed the problem.  I do not want to call tech support again.

kerry
Level 3

I just got off the phone with tech support and they are saying the pier 2 is saying that they are not doing anything until they see a problem-really what does it take-all of us are saying the same thing that there is a problem with the IA 1065-what else can we do.  What more can we do-I know I will NOT be happy if I have to mail all my IA 1065 at a later date just because they refuse to listen to all of us.  Right now all of my IA 1065 that I have efiled are still noted as "Received by Intuit".  I am upset with this mess!!

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitGabi   Yes, the IA 1065 Schedule K-1, line 13 Section 179 deduction, column a, that is populating with a zero can be overridden to make the field blank.  This makes the Error disappear, and then the IA1065 can be efiled.  But, the tax preparers that have done this procedure are reporting back that the IA1065 returns are showing arrived to Intuit EFILE, but there has not been a confirmed acceptance back from Iowa as of yet.  This is still an unsolved issue that demands Intuit's full attention.

A better approach may be to file a Federal 1065 Extension today in order to get the IA1065 extended.  Then email only the Federal 1065 tomorrow and sit on the IA 1065 until Intuit gets this problem resolved?

0 Cheers
kerry
Level 3

Did you efile your IA 1065 and did you get accepted?

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@kerry   No, I have not efiled the IA1065s yet.  

@taxiowa has efiled IA1065s, but at last report, none have been accepted by Iowa yet.  They are only showing as received by Intuit thus far.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I sent one 1065 with override on 179 or depr adj but it is hung up at Intuit.  Not going to Iowa and not returning.  So I reported that this is not a good idea.  I put them all on extension yesterday waiting till maybe this weekend to see if fixed or to try something else.

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Unfortunately @IntuitGabi an override will not work.  I have e-filed many returns with overrides but this one is different.  Intuit still thinks it is an error for some reason, not just an override. So tell programers back to drawing board, because this needs fixed ASAP.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I did have the one I did with overrides finally go thru to Iowa last night.  And now it was accepted by Iowa.  So it seems if you override Schedule K1 for each partner they will go thru.  Albeit after a wait in purgatory (Intuit).  I tried one with no Iowa adjustments and no 179 deduct and still had 2 overrides per K1.

0 Cheers
kerry
Level 3

I think everything is fixed now-all of my 1065 that also have IA1065 that I efiled yesterday are now accepted. Thanks the Lord!!

0 Cheers
kerry
Level 3

All of my IA1065 that I e-filed yesterday have now been accepted!! Oh happy day!!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the updates! 

0 Cheers