Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was unable to register ID.me, it's said my driver's licenses can't be read. Do I still can file my clients on paper?

vtep01051947
Level 1

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

How does ID.me impact efiling?

Something new?

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You cant get an ID.Me so you cant get into E-services to get to your EFIN application? 

Have you been issued an EFIN yet?   If not, you may be too late  for this season, its generally a minimum of 45 days processing time once you get your fingerprinting submitted.

You might want to reach out to EServices on the phone and ask what your options are.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

I too had trouble with them reading my license so i did the video chat method.  Took 5 minutes.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I signed up for ID.me not too long ago and I got registered without providing any drivers license info.  I have successfully logged on to EFTPS using the ID.me since then a number of times without any issues.  Maybe coyotes have honest looking faces.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I signed up for ID.me not too long ago and I got registered without providing any drivers license info.  I have successfully logged on to EFTPS using the ID.me since then a number of times without any issues.  Maybe coyotes have honest looking faces.

they already had your mugshot on file!  😄

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Hey now, be nice! 😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers