Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change from SmartVault. What else do you all know about?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had enough of SmartVault doubling my price, duplicating my clients and having no answers to questions.  I do need a portal software that can work with ProSeries.   Any recommendations?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
dascpa
Level 11

I've been with SmartVault for many years.  I'm 95% happy with it.  Was pissed last year they required a minimum 2-person fee (doubling the base price).  I complained and they gave me a discount for one-year.  Hoping they mess up and give it to me again.  The other thing I don't like is you cannot print multiple files at once from within the portal.  You have to drag it to Windows Explorer and then print (up to 15 at a time).  And considering clients upload 82 files for their 1040's it's a pain.  Other than that it has been a wonderful program with excellent service.  After you change, write back in this thread and let us all know with whom you switched to and your likes and dislikes.

In general the portal concept is a pain in the a**.  Now instead of getting a packet of papers many clients upload a zillion files.  It takes an extra person to download, sort, figure out what pages of a hundred page 1099 you actually need, complain about their scanner, etc.  Younger clients love it, I hate it.

0 Cheers