Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lost my mind

dkh
Level 15

Long time client just picked up his return.  We had a short social chat after all the tax related issues were taken care of.   As he left, he said  "Thank you.  Love you"   and I automatically responded with "love you too"...............................WTH  lol lol lol lol lol        🤣🤣

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
GodFather
Level 8

Good for you for embracing it! 😁

View solution in original post

23 Comments 23
GodFather
Level 8

Good for you for embracing it! 😁

qbteachmt
Level 15

Is he a Subaru? Because Love is what makes a Subaru, as Subaru.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
dkh
Level 15
I have a Subaru - does that count.
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Completely normal. I have several male clients that say it to me. I respond in kind as well. I wouldn't normally offer it up first but when they do, I respond. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Ok, you are spreading the love.  Is everybody ready for a group hug now?

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Completely normal"

Are you actually preparing tax returns or is that just a front for your drug business?😜

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Love from a distance is preferred. May I pat your behind? Lol

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

"Completely normal"

Are you actually preparing tax returns or is that just a front for your drug business?😜

Hippie love bro!!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive done it on the phone more than once  LOL   Thankfully its been long time clients that I do really enjoy working with!  hahaha

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

Long time client just picked up his return.  We had a short discussion of the $5 fee increase from last year after all the tax related issues were taken care of.   As he left, he said  "*bleep* you"   and I automatically responded with "*bleep* you too".

dkh
Level 15

Funny !!!!   @BobKamman    doesn't it feel good to have a special moment with a long time client

IRonMaN
Level 15

Now that's the kind of talk I would consider completely normal this time of year.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

Whenever a client mentions a fee increase (rarely) I have a one word response..."Eggs", they look at me oddly and then nod.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Camp1040 wrote:

Whenever a client mentions a fee increase (rarely) I have a one word response..."Eggs", they look at me oddly and then nod.

Hahahaha!!!!

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh There is nothing wrong with that. Ethnic people here especially South Europeans say that quite often. My elementary school teacher says that to me all the time and I say it back. Oh by the way I have a Subaru too and I love it. It is better than my cts4 caddy.

rbynaker
Level 13

@Camp1040 wrote:

I love it!  I'm wondering when the local grocery stores will start selling them individually instead of by the dozen.  If I just need two eggs for breading the chicken parm, why do I have to buy 12 of them? 🙂

IRonMaN
Level 15

Be honest, you don't drive a Subaru.  Heidi picked it out and drives it.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah you are right about that Iron Man. I used to have a nice GMC truck. Then Heidi started having a little trouble jumping up into it. So I got that Subaru Legacy because it sits real low. But it is really a great car, all wheel drive and drives like a tank in the snow.

dkh
Level 15

Saw a couple with 3 large dogs at the Subaru dealership.  They were testing which would hold their dogs the best.   Guess the dogs do pick the Subaru.

BobKamman
Level 15

I hope it's not a Forester.  My brother bought a new one and after taking it back to the dealer three times for an unidentified rattle, they admitted it was a "known issue." Just an unknown way to fix it.  He went back to driving a Tucson, like me.  (Know anyone else who drives a car named for the town where he was born?)

dkh
Level 15

I drive an Outback - second one we've owned and love it.   

Too bad your brother had a bad experience with a Subaru.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Locally, abandoned vehicles are often Subies. While out doing errands on Wed, I started counting, "Another Outback with a bike rack." I think it's the State transportation mascot.

The main reason we had four Subie wagons over 36 years, is because of the upright acoustic bass. We had to custom order the 2005, though; they didn't stock those low ones around here. We just sold it and the 2006 Legacy GT sedan (which I had to order from Idaho). In the course of 4 days, we bought a used hybrid Santa Fe and individually sold the Subies to that same dealer (not trade ins, but after the fact and on different days, as afterthoughts). The wagon had some work done and we learned it was getting hard to get parts for the turbo GT with the way the injectors are set up on those models. We can't go all electric here (you won't find a charger for hundreds of miles in some areas).

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Buy a Tesla and a long extension cord. 

Somehow this reminds me of my supervisor at IRS decades ago, who joined the craze for CB radios in his car.  I said that was a good idea because he could use it to call for help in case his battery died.  Took him a few minutes to get the joke.  

0 Cheers