Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I submitted 2016 and 2017 returns for a client on Monday. Federal returns were accepted the next day, but the Virginia returns still show "Returns Sent to State". Why?

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

I know that Virginia is delaying processing of 2018 returns until the State Legislature decides on final changes for the 2018 tax year, but why is this impacting previous year returns?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Some states are just plain slow.  I'm not sure if Virginia is one of them but since e-filing just opened on Monday, it's too early to pull the panic bar quite yet on them.  Maybe the folks running the computers there just don't want to turn them on until 2018 is ready to fly.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
IRonMaN
Level 15

Some states are just plain slow.  I'm not sure if Virginia is one of them but since e-filing just opened on Monday, it's too early to pull the panic bar quite yet on them.  Maybe the folks running the computers there just don't want to turn them on until 2018 is ready to fly.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers