Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a rejection Error R0000-504-02, What can I do too Fix it?

veronica21050
Level 1

I verify Social security Card and Everything is correct.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
E-file reject R0000-504-02: The name or Social Security number for a dependent on your return doesn't match IRS records. This rejection can occur when a dependent's name or Social Security number is either incorrect or doesn't match what's in the IRS database

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
What about dependent SS#?
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
E-file reject R0000-504-02: The name or Social Security number for a dependent on your return doesn't match IRS records. This rejection can occur when a dependent's name or Social Security number is either incorrect or doesn't match what's in the IRS database
0 Cheers
veronica21050
Level 1
I have the SSN card on my hand and all information is correct.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Check birthdate.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
watsonmn20
Level 1
what did you have to do. mine keeps saying its incorrect.
0 Cheers
sirdovey05
Level 1
I just got the same code and rejection,  was told I had to file by mail and would recieve a rejection letter via mail that would better detail the issue in 6-8 weeks.
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
I believe on the recently issued SS cards the name that is first on the second line is the one to use. If there are 3-4 names on the SS card, try using the 2nd or 3rd name as the last name on the return. If after  trying that it still gets rejected, punt and mail them in.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Something makes me feel like there are several users  of TurboTax making comments here.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
chasetax
Level 7

this might not apply, had one several years ago, mother rushed in two weeks after giving birth and we were rejected..called e-file line..takes three weeks to update from social security files to irs

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Does the rejected dependent have multiple last names?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
veronica21050
Level 1
no, just one.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I've had same issue before and just paper filed it with 8948. Either IRS match is incorrect or SSA is wrong. Unless of course its a bogus social.
0 Cheers
Happy-Tax
Level 5

I had this happen with one newborn dependent about 10 years ago. I called the IRS Efile Help Desk, and the lady told me it's a glitch in the IRS database with the child's last name. She told me to enter the last name twice. It worked, and we've been doing that every year since. The parents are supposed to get it fixed, but they never have so we just keep duplicating the little girl's last name in the efiled return.

I haven't had to call the IRS Efile Help Desk in a few years. But they used to (a) answer the phone, and (b) be really helpful.

0 Cheers
barbedwards57
Level 1

The clients name and social is correct, and the dependent social and name is correct on both social security cards. The only thing is that the client and the dependent name is the same, the dependent is a Jr. and their social and birth days are total different, but keep getting rejected. to please check the correct name spelling and the correct social security number. that the dependent should not be the same as the tax payer. What can i do to get it accepted

0 Cheers
Darktaboo90
Level 1

I need help please!!!!

I keep getting rejected because they’re saying my dependent info is correct... checking all my information the only thing I can think of is my son name got changed 2 years ago on his birth certificate but not his social but here’s the thing his dad has filed him under his new last name and had no problems what do I do???

0 Cheers