Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a newly formed partnership. I use to use form 1040 however, where on the 1065 do you input w2 and 1099 information>>

akunamatatta
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
abctax55
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

Form 1065 is only for income/expenses for that entity.   You will still need to file Form 1040 - don't forget to include your K1 from the newly formed partnership.

I recommend you seek help from a professional tax preparer.   If you thought a W2 would be reported on Form1065, then you are in over your head.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Wow.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

Yep.... SMH.... ESPECIALLY if this isn't a DIY post.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

Whose tax return are your preparing?

Lat's start with the person who got that W2, and who issued it to them. That person is the Employee of that business. This part doesn't go on a 1065; it reflects an employee position and is not issued to you from your own partnership. Or that was issued in error.

A W-2 is personal employment, which is why it is entered as part of the 1040. It has nothing to do with the rest of what you asked.

Then, tell us about that 1099. 1099-What? From whom and to whom and why?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Cramming my W-2 through a 1065.👍👍👍

Getting the withholding back on my 1040.  Priceless!!

The carried interest guys would be jealous.

qbteachmt
Level 15

I confirmed this is not the first nor DIY post, as well.

0 Cheers
akunamatatta
Level 1

Thank you for the information regarding the 1040.  However, the wife of the joint partnership owns a business.  The 1999's are from income she earned from several customers.  I Usually use the schedule

C, to allocate business income and expenses.  Where on the Partnership return the (1065) can you input the 1999's like an import.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

There is no need to enter a 1099.  Just enter the total business income that the Partnership received.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"However, the wife of the joint partnership owns a business. The 1999's are from income she earned from several customers. I Usually use the schedule C"

You can use more words to describe all of this. There's plenty of room in the Reply box. Example:

The husband has a W-2 from his employer. That goes on the 1040.

The wife has her own business. Even though some of the customers fall under the 1099-NEC reporting requirement, there is an entire business to enter data for. That's why you use the Sched C. It's not just those forms. it's her entire operation that you enter the data for, on the Sched C.

And did the husband and wife make an LLC to have a different business, yet? A 1065 is used for a multi-member partnership. Is there some sort of business being done by that partnership?

In other words, are the three different things going on?

0 Cheers