Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed a major return on 4-13 and it still has not been accepted. Has anyone had this happen to them?

mm1
Level 5

I e-filed a 1040 return the morning of 4-13 and there has been no acceptance report and no explanation of any delay. I can't find out anything about why this return has been delayed. All other returns filed before and after have been accepted. Is there any way to find out what is causing the delay and whether it is Proseries or the IRS? No report under e-filing is giving me anything other than "return transmitted"

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
mm1
Level 5

I just got off the telephone with Proseries Tech Support. There are THREE ways to update the status of the return if it is hung up in the system. First in the E-file menu click on E-File Status in the upper bar to check all returns in general. Second is to highlight the client you want and click on Update efile status to the right of the client's name. The Third, and this is the one that unlocked my client, is to highlight the client then click on the E-file Status in the Upper Bar. 

We went through both Number 1 and Number 2 methods using Smartlook so Proseries could see what I was getting. Then she instructed me to use Number 3 method and there was the accepted status. To say I was happy to see that is an understatement. I thought I would pass this along to everyone. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried going to the EF homebase and click e-file > electronic filing > update acknowledgements?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Highlight it in the EFCenter then use UPDATE ACKS of SELECTED RETURNS (not the regular Receive Acks)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mm1
Level 5

Yes, I have checked the status, updated e-file status and gone to the efile menu, highlighted that one file and clicked on update e-file status for that one return only. Nothing changes

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

Done that multiple times - no change, just says "return transmitted"

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

thats the only trick I have up my sleeve, all mine that were stuck as Transmited updated using that other option..

@IntuitGabi   any suggestions with this?

0 Cheers
Norman2001
Level 7

I had one that took 3 1/2 days for it to be accepted by IRS.   I talked to Intuit support, but they had no idea what was causing the delay except that it was on the IRS side.   

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

I just got off the telephone with Proseries Tech Support. There are THREE ways to update the status of the return if it is hung up in the system. First in the E-file menu click on E-File Status in the upper bar to check all returns in general. Second is to highlight the client you want and click on Update efile status to the right of the client's name. The Third, and this is the one that unlocked my client, is to highlight the client then click on the E-file Status in the Upper Bar. 

We went through both Number 1 and Number 2 methods using Smartlook so Proseries could see what I was getting. Then she instructed me to use Number 3 method and there was the accepted status. To say I was happy to see that is an understatement. I thought I would pass this along to everyone. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Sounds like you did exactly what @IRonMaN  and @Just-Lisa-Now-  suggested you should..............

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yep, would have saved some phone time had they just READ the info posted here.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Check out this post-- Reminder: State and IRS e-file acknowledgement processing times
Hope this helps! 

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

I did exactly what both suggested. What Proseries found was that the file had a transmission marker and to unlock that marker I had to both highlight the client and click on the efile status at the top bar, not the update efile status by the name. 

I also wasn't on the phone long because I left a callback. They called back within 20 minutes from the e-file expert desk.

0 Cheers