Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I entered incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit in my tax report

Mizzle
Level 1

I reported my tax to IRS 3 weeks ago. At that time, I thought I didn't receive the first and second Economic Impact Payment. So I reported $1800 at Recovery Rebate Credit. But today I received the notice 1444-B letter by mail which claimed that the second Economic Impact Payment had been issued to me. The notice date on 1444-B letter was March 26, 2021. Then I checked my bank account, I realized that the $600 second Economic Impact Payment was issued to me in January. Thus, I should have reported $1200 for Recovery Rebate Credit in my tax return. I am just wondering how can I correct the mistake for Recovery Rebate Credit in my tax report? I reported $1800 by mistake, the correct amount is $1200. Up till now, I didn't hear from IRS except the notice 1444-B.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you may be in the wrong place...this forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software, it appears you may be looking for DIY help.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support, they may be able to help you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪