Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand this reject can any one help Code: F1116-004-02 Foreign Tax carry back

pbp
Level 3

Return Rejected 03/22/2022
Code: F1116-004-02
Form: 0(00) Form Copy:
Line #:
Description: 2636(/efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS1116/efile:ForeignTaxCrCarrybackOrOverAmt)
Error Detail:
If Form 1116, 'ForeignTaxCrCarrybackOrOverAmt' has a non-zero value, then a binary attachment with description 'Form1116ScheduleB' must be attached to 'ForeignTaxCrCarrybackOrOverAmt' and 'ForeignIncmSection951AInd' must not be checked.
Error Resolution:
A PDF attachment of Form 1116 Schedule B is required to file this return electronically. To attach the PDF, select from the top of your screen E-File> Attach PDF Files, then select Add Attachment, navigate to the PDF copy of form 1116 Schedule B, select the file and click open. In the Type drop down select "1116" the Form/Schedule and Description will be "Form1116ScheduleB", then select OK to attach the PDF. Make the necessary changes and re-submit this return electronically. However, if the reject continues you may want to file this return via U.S. Mail, print this federal return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you attach Sch B of the 1116?   

Open the form and save as a PDF, then attach it to the return prior to EFiling.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you attach Sch B of the 1116?   

Open the form and save as a PDF, then attach it to the return prior to EFiling.

ivy00
Level 1

All mine have been rejected - and I am getting the same message. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Cheers
pbp
Level 3

Thank you so much I scanned and attached the sch B of 1116 and then attached the Returns were accepted. 

Poltax75
Level 2

Thank you same problem.

Why does this happen?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
New form this yar, IRS isnt ready to accept it except as an attachment.

Judy05
Level 1

The 1116B PDF file is  attached but the tax program will not keep the TYPE of 1116.

And then the return is rejected.  When will the tax program be updated to correct this

problem?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

did you scroll UP in that drop down list of attachment types to find the 1116?  It wont let you type it in yourself as Other.

1116battach.png

0 Cheers
DLBIGCPA
Level 2

I've attached the pdf per the instructions, but am still getting an error code that it must be attached.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Dettach it, save./exit then come back and reattach...see if you have better luck.  

0 Cheers