Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't edit the client letter variables. No insert bar with variables appears.

Dario
Level 2

In prior years, I could edit letters. Variables showed up as triggers or data values. 

With the current 2021 tax year software, the insert bar does nothing.  I can't search for variables.

Any idea why?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Dario Once you are able to drag the Insert Bar into view, try right clicking inside of the bar and then select Parked from the menu. This should keep the Insert Bar in view.

Letter_Editor.png

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

Best guess, still too early in the program release.  Wait as I am doing.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Dario  Which formset are you trying to edit the client letter for?

I am seeing the insert codes when editing the 1040 client letter and am able to insert new codes into the letter.

Could you post a screen shot of the behavior you are seeing?

0 Cheers
Dario
Level 2

Issue arises for me in the Letter Editor.  I was in a 1041 file, and noted I don't see the variables on the right of the frame as I did last year. I clicked on the "Show or hide the insert bar" tab, and note the slider bar on the right moved left a smidge.  Clicking and dragging on the space between the slider bar and the right side of the window allows me to drag the slider bar left, revealing the Letter Codes and Letter Paragraphs I was looking for, but those do not remained pinned open and available.  Every time the Insert Bar option is activated, the Codes and Paragraphs return to the right edge.  Very annoying.

I see the same behavior in the 1040 Letter EScreenshot (2).pngditor

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Dario Once you are able to drag the Insert Bar into view, try right clicking inside of the bar and then select Parked from the menu. This should keep the Insert Bar in view.

Letter_Editor.png