Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am working on a 990 return and have 4 errors on schedule O and can't find anything that needs an explanation. How can I clear these errors?

Tucsonpremium
Level 2
The 990 is on a religious organization that they just bought a building for over $500000, and the errors on schedule O is hard to figure out because it shows a lot of lines that I have gone over and can't find anything that requires an explanation.
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Make sure you entered correct tax-exempt status information on Section I at top of first page of Form 990. If it is still asking for explanation on Schedule O that you believe does not apply, can you just enter simple explanation on Schedule O for applicable item(s)?

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
PATAX
Level 15

Make sure you entered correct tax-exempt status information on Section I at top of first page of Form 990. If it is still asking for explanation on Schedule O that you believe does not apply, can you just enter simple explanation on Schedule O for applicable item(s)?

Tucsonpremium
Level 2

Thank you for the response but I figured it out, they just make it very hard because the answer for the unknown question it's not shown like usual with the pink highlight so I just went over each question and answer it even if it did not required an explanation, and eventually found the ones given the errors.

PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome. I may be finishing one tomorrow so I'll look out for that. I know last year error message popped up on that schedule for question that did not apply.

0 Cheers