Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally e-filed a NYS Partnership full return rather than just the NYS fling fee form. To my surprise, the return was accepted even though there are 20 errors on it. What do I do now?

DTNY07
Level 7

I accidentally e-filed a NYS Partnership full return rather than just the NYS fling fee form. To my surprise, the return was accepted even though there are 20 errors on it.

How could it have possibly been accepted? I've been using Pro Series since 2006. Usually if there is one error, it isn't accepted.  I have never had this happen before

I did e-file the NYS filing fee separately.  But, now does that mean I have to file an original federal return, but an amended NYS return.  Since e-file already accepted the NYS return.  

I don't think mailing the NYS return in would make sense, since NYS would already think a return was e-filed

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen a few other people report returns with lots of errors that were sent by accident being accepted....makes no sense to me how this can occur.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

"now does that mean I have to file an original federal return, but an amended NYS return. "

Yes.

Ex-AllStar
DTNY07
Level 7

Thanks for the info.  But, how could it possibly have been accepted with 20 errors?  

0 Cheers