Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put a statement on top of the Form 1040

clr600
Level 8

How do I put a statement on the top of Form 1040 in ProSeries

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Years ago there used to be a box at the top of the 1040 we could type in....they took it away at some point.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

You could attach a pdf to return with whatever statement you wanted to type at top of 1040.

TaxBear95
Level 1

IRS has  given specific instructions to label a 1120S and a 2553 S election form with certain text accross the top of the two forms.  I guess I will not efile them but will rather print for paper filing and using Adobe Pro to make my own labels.  It seems like it would pretty simple for this ability to be built into the software.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@TaxBear95    This post was about Form 1040 not being able to put text at top.   Have your tried on Form 1120S ?   On a 2019 F1120s I was able to enter text at top of 1120S and 2553.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Open 1120S page 1-2.   Above the words US income tax return, there is a box.  You have to hit ctrl D to enter but you can then type in whatever you wish.  Same is true above the word election on the 2553.

TaxBear95
Level 1

When I use Ctl D if shows in Red like an override. Does this affect efiling?  Is there anywhere I can enter the appropriate IRS required header text?  

I really appreciate your response.

TaxBear95

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@TaxBear95    you shouldn't need to override.   If you complete the F2553 to be attached to the return the program should automatically fill in the text you need at the top of F1120s