Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print Schedule B Part III to only report Foreign Bank Accounts?

1040up
Level 2

I just figured out how to get the Schedule B to print when there is no interest and no dividend income to report the foreign countries on Part III at the bottom of the Schedule B when there is/are FBAR (FinCEN Form 114) filing requirements. The forcing the Schedule B to print doesn't work even if you put a "1" to force print it.  In order to get the Schedule B to print, here are the steps:

1) You actually need to go the "Quick Entry: Interest" and click on "Details" (Blue Box).

2) Once in the "Details" section, scroll all the way down to the middle page and look for "Foreign Account and Foreign Tax Credit".

3) Tick the box for "Interest in or authority over foreign account", and 

4) In the "Name of foreign country (if FinCEN Form 114 is required), select the country where the foreign account is required.

5) Repeat the above steps for every country you need to show up on Line 7b of Schedule B, Part III.  Note that you will get a "See Statement xx" to see the list of countries. Both Boxes 7a and 7b will now show an "X" in the "Yes" boxes.

6) You do not need to enter or tick any boxes above or below this section as they are not applicable if you don't have any foreign interest or foreign dividends.

I hope this helps as it took me some time and frustration trying to get this schedule to generate.