Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print extension showing date and status. The e-file log is useless to Client.

joet
Level 1

Form 7004 is the extension form used to file for Sub-S Corporations. That form is very generic, is there a way to print the extension that was e-filed showing dates and status?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

Nope.  I go to the EF Center, sort by Status, select all extended returns, right-click and print to PDF a copy of the View Electronic Filing Center Status History.  That way I have on file all Submission ID's with dates for my files.  At the end of tax season I do this again but for all returns.

0 Cheers
joet
Level 1

How do you provide a report to your client showing status and time stamp?

0 Cheers
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

If you highlight the client's extension in the EF Center, then press F12 on your keyboard (or go to the E-File menu at the top of ProSeries > Electronic Filing > Electronic Filing Reports), you can choose from a few different reports that may have the info you need. 

I don't have any accepted extensions to check on, but the Electronic Filing Client Details report prints the extension submission ID so I suspect others would include that info, too. Just make sure to select the option to create report for "Selected Electronic Filing Records" in this window so multiple clients' details aren't included.

0 Cheers