Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print a Form 8453 for an individual taxpayer

danthetaxman
Level 3

I have filled out a Form 8332, now I need to print the Form 8453, but it won't populate or print.  Why not?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
danthetaxman
Level 3

You have to right click and select "override" and put in X next to the Form 8332. After you do that, the rest of the form populates.  In my opinion, the Form 8453 should automatically populate if you complete a Form 8332.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
danthetaxman
Level 3

You have to right click and select "override" and put in X next to the Form 8332. After you do that, the rest of the form populates.  In my opinion, the Form 8453 should automatically populate if you complete a Form 8332.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When someone brings the 8332 to me as the non custodial parent so they can claim the child, I just attach as a PDF....Ive never mailed one anywhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
danthetaxman
Level 3

Unfortunately, you are doing it wrong! See page 2 of the instructions for the Form 8332.  Sorry.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I know the instructions say to mail with the 8453, but like Lisa I just attach as PDF, and never had a issue

danthetaxman
Level 3

Which one do you attach it to? The custodial or non-custodial parent's. I prepare both tax returns.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

attach to  non-custodial parent's return