Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open Intuit Proseries 2019.

idisjd
Level 2

I am getting a browser error when I try to open a 2019 tax  return.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Often, this error can be resolved by updating your ProSeries software to the latest version:

1. Open ProSeries.
  2. From the Update menu, select Update Installed Products.
  3. ProSeries will begin downloading any pending product updates.
  4. When the download is complete, click Install Now to apply new updates.

After updating, re-license ProSeries:

1. Open ProSeries.
  2. From the Tools menu, select License Products.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

22 Comments 22
George4Tacks
Level 15

Often, this error can be resolved by updating your ProSeries software to the latest version:

1. Open ProSeries.
  2. From the Update menu, select Update Installed Products.
  3. ProSeries will begin downloading any pending product updates.
  4. When the download is complete, click Install Now to apply new updates.

After updating, re-license ProSeries:

1. Open ProSeries.
  2. From the Tools menu, select License Products.

TAXPORTLAND
Level 1

I am getting a browser error when I try to open a 2018 tax  return

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

try the steps outlined above

0 Cheers
TAXPORTLAND
Level 1

that still doesn't work

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You have to update from the Windows Programs menu.  Dont open ProSeries, just go to your list of Windows Apps/Programs and update from there.

update2019.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
athaureaux6
Level 8

Go to the Window icon. Look for the Proseries application for 2019. Look for Update Repair Tool. Follow the prompts and it will fix it. I just did it. I remember when I called Proseries before they told me to do that. Thank you and have a great day. 

idisjd
Level 2

Got it! thanks

0 Cheers
idisjd
Level 2

Got It!! Thank you. God and Country, jd.

idisjd
Level 2

Got It!! For God and Country, jd.

0 Cheers
idisjd
Level 2

Got It!! Thank You. For God and Country, jd.

0 Cheers
martiejk
Level 1

I can't open Proseries 2019.  Say I have to update browser.  I have tried and it is not working.  Now what?

0 Cheers
martiejk
Level 1

How can I Open proseries 2019?  Message says update browser, I have tried and that doesn't work.  Now what?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you read the post above with the very nice image? 

Once you tried that, did you restart your computer.

If all else fails - Try the new ProSeries Tool Hub
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-p...

0 Cheers
martiejk
Level 1

I received no reply how to open proseries 2019?

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4

Go to above post 

George4Tacks
Level 15

@martiejk 

Try the new ProSeries Tool Hub
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-p... 

AND USE IT TO INSTALL 2019. As stated, you can also look at the pretty picture posted by @Just-Lisa-Now-  as an alternate method. 

Please understand that this is NOT SUPPORT. This is a community of other users trying to help other users. If we fail you, then actually contact support. https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/contact-proseries-hel...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you just need to Update, but you may as well REPAIR UPDATES just in case

repair2019updates.png

martiejk
Level 1

I can't open Proseries 2019, message says to update browser, which I did, still can't open 2019.

0 Cheers
martiejk
Level 1

Updates worked today, after I had closed down all of the programs then re-opened. Thank you. for your assistance.

0 Cheers
Cmctax
Level 1

When I follow your instructions, I do not see the 2019 Proseries Update and I've tried to see if I can find this update on the website but am unable to find this.  Can you assist with where I might find the update? 

Thank you!

Cheryl

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You look in your list of Programs or Apps in Windows (use the Windows Start button for you list of programs or All Apps) and you dont see Update listed under ProSeries 2019?

0 Cheers
Cmctax
Level 1

Thank you for posting this solution!  It solved my issue with the Browser for 2019.  I have a lot of trouble navigating the Proseries dashboard and knew that there was some kind of an update but could not find anything anywhere.  I wish Intuit would make the site more interactive and easier to navigate!  But thank you for this solution!

0 Cheers