Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Form 8962

David94
Level 3

My client is allocating policy amount with his parents. So I filled a shared policy allocation information smart worksheet in Form 1095-A. But Form 8962 is not generated.

After I e-filed the return, I received the error message from IRS as below.

Error Detail:
The e-File database indicates that Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the return.
Error Resolution:
This return rejected due to Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit missing from the return. In order to complete Form 8962, you should have received Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement with relevant information on the insurance that you purchased in the marketplace.

I had a same case client and I generated Form 8962. I e-filed the client return without an error.

I don't know why this error has occurred.

Please help me.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres some kind of glitch when you allocate 0% and the 8962 doesnt get included.  Just print it to PDF and attach it as an "ACA explanation" attachment, that should get you past the rejection.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres some kind of glitch when you allocate 0% and the 8962 doesnt get included.  Just print it to PDF and attach it as an "ACA explanation" attachment, that should get you past the rejection.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
David94
Level 3

Thank you for your help.

The problem is resolved.

Hi, do you by chance know how to force to print out 8962?

0 Cheers
David94
Level 3

No, I didn't find out.

I attached the PDF for that return.

0 Cheers