Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix? Return rejected due to absence of preparer telephone number below consent for discussion with preparer; telephone number already in Firm/Preparer info.

soxchisox
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

Federal, state or city?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TAXOH
Level 11

Federal, state or city?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know in California its not pulling the phone number for 3rd party over to the form, but it gives an error that its missing....you wouldn't have been able to convert (without bypassing the error checking) and Efile without filling in the box.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Baffled Upset
Level 2

I checked the No box regarding speak with the preparer question on both the federal & state returns.  It's maddening that the phone number is clearly inserted in the Preparer & Firm info box but does not transfer to the return.  It's baffling to me that Intuit has not attempted to fix this issue.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youve tagged into an old post from last season it looks like.

What issue are you experiencing?  What do you want to happen that isnt happening?

0 Cheers
Baffled Upset
Level 2

The preparer telephone number does not populate any of the business entity type of returns we are preparing.  I used override to manually type in the phone number but the returns have been rejected.  Only by checking the No box in answer to allowing the preparer speak to the IRS are the returns accepted by the taxing authority.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may want to create a new post for this, I haven't seen this reported yet by anyone.

0 Cheers