Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix parameter incorrect error?

pashurservices
Level 1

Error prompts every time we are trying to process payment for return? Is anyone else having the same issue?

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
taoseno
Level 3

Yes I am having the same problem on pay per return for business returns. I first reported to them on 01/17/23 and still no fix.............Ridiculous!

0 Cheers
pashurservices
Level 1

I am having the issue on business and personal as well. Expect it.

0 Cheers
taoseno
Level 3

They finally fixed it today!

0 Cheers
taoseno
Level 3

Now it is not working again; guessing today's update is the problem!

0 Cheers
taoseno
Level 3

Still not working; I first reported the error on January 17th! WTF?

0 Cheers
jpivonka
Level 2

I am still receiving the parameter error what did you do to get rid of it?  I downloaded the latest software but the error is still there.  Thank you for any guidance.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Contacting support will get help us find the root cause of this error. 
In the meantime, these help articles might help: 
Performing a clean install of ProSeries
How to restart your computer in Windows safe mode
Community thread: Prosries error

0 Cheers
taoseno
Level 3

Contacting support does nothing; I have contacted them 16 times since I first reported on January 17th. Why is it not working? I will send Intuit an invoice for all my time wasted................

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the details. We'll continue to research this and let you know of any updates here. 

0 Cheers
skeeter721
Level 1

I am having the issue today 03/11/23 NOT A GOOD TIME FOR THIS!!!! As this is too close for business tax deadline!!!!  FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!

0 Cheers
jpivonka
Level 2

I called and manually increased the Pay per return amount to get around the problem.

0 Cheers
taoseno
Level 3

Each time I call it takes 12-15 minutes to increase pay per return balance versus 5-10 seconds......if it was working. Gabby has gone silent on this issue. Little help Gabby?

0 Cheers
jpivonka
Level 2

I calculated the approximate pay per return amount and increased a larger amount instead of calling multiple time.  The negative is if you over calculate you can't carry the amount over to next year.  Just an FYI.

0 Cheers
hike52
Level 1

NO they have not.  Still gettilng it when trying to increase pay per return

0 Cheers
Intuit_Ramky
Employee
Employee

If incase QuickBooks application is Open and running while you see this issue in ProSeries, please try to close QuickBooks application and Restart ProSeries(if already running).   

ellek
Level 1

I was having the same issue.  If Quickbooks is running at the same time as your Proseries, it will continue to happen.  Close out of your Quickbooks, that fixed it for me!

taoseno
Level 3

It would have been nice if Intuit had told us that...........

0 Cheers