Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to file an amended 2019 1040?

Jen5
Level 2

I am trying to amend a 2019 1040 that was prepared in ProSeries in 2019. The error and review check comes back fine. I received a rejection telling me "This return was rejected due to incorrect signature date. The taxpayer's signature date must be in the current processing year. Review the return for errors and resubmit for e-filing. I have no idea what they are talking about. I followed the how to e-file an amended return exactly as the instructions are written. I receive no errors in error check and review. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jen5
Level 2

Thank you very much for your help. I have changed the dates as you said. I had e-filed it again before I heard from you, but have not received acknowledgement status. I will have to wait until I receive acknowledgement status before I can e-file again with your suggested changes. I am sure you answer will take care of it. This was my first e-filed amended return. Thank you again very much!!!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You need to go in and input the Efile PIN date the the client signed the new 8879 for the amended return...its still got the date from when the original was filed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jen5
Level 2

Thank you very much for your help. I have changed the dates as you said. I had e-filed it again before I heard from you, but have not received acknowledgement status. I will have to wait until I receive acknowledgement status before I can e-file again with your suggested changes. I am sure you answer will take care of it. This was my first e-filed amended return. Thank you again very much!!!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Unfortunately, when its rejected you wont be able to resubmit, Efiling has closed for the season. Your options will be file by paper or wait for Efiling to reopen in January/February 2022.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jen5
Level 2

I kept asking for an update to e-file authorization. After the last reject, I was able to submit again with the corrections and received a notice that it was accepted by the IRS. I guess since I submitted it before the deadline, I was able to submit again under the perfection rules. Anyway, I am just glad I got it filed. Many thanks to you!