Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to file a 1065 that is becoming an 1120S in 2019.

mwelday21
Level 1

A calendar year 1065 Partnership will file for tax year 2018, it received its election from IRS and NYS to become an 1120S on 1/1/19.   My question is--1. assume i file a final return 1065.  2.  can i roll partnership basis into the new S-Corp.  3. What to do with the depreciating fixed assets--can i roll these as well?  The accounting will basically be seemless, its the tax filing that concerns me---thx

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Everything will rollover into the new year just fine - it's still the same business entity.  Everything will rollover just fine, except the tax software, that is.  You will have to start from scratch in ProSeries since you can't convert the business types in the software.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

Everything will rollover into the new year just fine - it's still the same business entity.  Everything will rollover just fine, except the tax software, that is.  You will have to start from scratch in ProSeries since you can't convert the business types in the software.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

if you have the assets in FAM, then you can just change the Form in Client Information... and as long as you don't want the destination to be anywhere but Page 1, i don't think you have to change anything at the each asset level (but not sure)

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers