Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correctly set up State automatic individual Estimated Payments. Has issues last year.

MichaelN30
Level 3

Last year (for Tax year 2023) for a client whose 2022 tax returns I filed before 4/15/23, I set up for Federal & New York automatic estimated 2023 payments for 4/15/23, 6/15/23, 9/15/23, and 1/15/24. All 4 Federal payments debited from the client's bank account correctly. For NY, only the 4/15/23 debit went thru. The other 3 did not. Pro Series said that the Bank may have refused the payments. Unlikely as the amount was small. I set up the Date Signed to be the efile date on all 8 estimated payments. Did anybody experience a similar problem? Thanks.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Don't know about NY, but my state will only direct debit the first estimated due 4/15 unlike the fed which will do all four

0 Cheers
MichaelN30
Level 3

I think that it's probably the same for all States. I calendared the other 3 payments and will likely "efile" the payment manually. 

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

I think this is a Proseries issue.  I set up NJ estimated payments through the NJ website and can schedule all 4 payments to be deducted on the due dates.

0 Cheers