Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the color of my tax forms

reuben
Level 1

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once you install 2021, then the 2020 background color changes, but not any other years.   There is no option to choose a random color for the screen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

From What's New:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-tax-2021-ins...

"Previous Tax Year Color:  Easily differentiate between the current year and prior year programs while working. Enable or Disable the feature in ProSeries Options"

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Before 2021 changed 2020 forms, you could do something else for prior years:

Remove the color from the input fields.

Tools Options uncheck box to remove field color.

At least it made it harder to see the input fields. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Guess I've been way ahead of the curve on this.  I normally have current and prior years returns open at the same time, and often would be inputting on the wrong one.  Then i found this easy fix:

I guess @Accountant-Man was more header of the curve than me....see his post above

Tools>>>>Options>>>>General>>>>Like third line down... to the right "Show Field Color".  uncheck that box....  You can certainly determine which year you are in..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive done that in the past, its a subtle difference, enough to make you think why does this look weird?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪