Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you use the import pdf client tax data?

david3
Level 7

I've never used the import client pdf tax data until recently. It seems like a great time saver but wanted to get input from those of you who use it.

I tried it on my first tax return which was only a W-2. It worked great, but that was only for one pdf.

Also, before I imported the data a message said I have 50 imports remaining. Do we get 50 free imports with the purchase of the software?

Is there any way to get around having to combine all pdfs into one file? Our clients upload to Link or email separate pdf files for each document, or may only combine a few documents into one pdf.

If there's no work around, have you found an easy way to combine all pdf files into one file?

I'd like to know if you guys love this feature or if it just creates headaches and wasted time?

Thanks.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I think I did on a couple a LONNNG time ago. It wasn't enough help in my situation to mess with it much.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Just thinking about the logistics makes my head hurt, then having to double check to be sure it interpreted the figures correctly and put them where they belong (cause I have trust issues), sounds like more work than typing it in for me.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PaulaB
Level 3

I used it successfully to attach capital transactions from a broker statement.  It was helpful to save the time of doing all of the data entry.  You can enter the totals and attach the broker statement as a pdf.  I don't think there is a limited number of pdf attachments but could be incorrect.  I don't think I would use it for a W-2 or other more routine entries.  

0 Cheers
KierstinB
Level 2

I just used it for the first time to import broker statements that I combined into one pdf file using Adobe DC. I had to go in and fix a bunch of dates as well as names of stock and it skipped several pages.  I thought at least it would save a little data entry, but when I imported the files, it created hundreds of 1099B's. Now I've not only paid for the import but I have tons of extra work deleting and reentering the information as it should be.  I think there are a few bugs to be worked out yet.

MsGretle
Level 3

Total waste of time and money, IMO

BCW60
Level 2

Just-Lisa-Now:   Ditto!!!     (I love the "Trust Issues" comment.  I feel the same way)

0 Cheers