Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you obtain the status of a form 1041 refund

jerryb282
Level 2

Filed form 1041 for an estate.  Waiting for a paper refund check, and trying to obtain the current status of the refund.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You will need to call the IRS at 800-829-4933 to inquire about the status of the return. The IRS does not post the status of Form 1041 online. Please note: You should wait at least a week before calling to ensure they have received the return

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

How long ago was it filed?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You will need to call the IRS at 800-829-4933 to inquire about the status of the return. The IRS does not post the status of Form 1041 online. Please note: You should wait at least a week before calling to ensure they have received the return

jerryb282
Level 2

E-file accepted on 4/27/22.

jerryb282
Level 2

Thank you.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I'd tell client to wait. It's "only" been a month.

Ex-AllStar
barbarageo1930
Level 1

I filed a 1041 for my mother with the IRS on April 12, 2023, I can't find someone to tell me about her refund, she received her state check two weeks after filing. 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@barbarageo1930 Have you used the the "Get Refund Status" page? (State and Federal agencies are on different timelines sometimes.) 

To use the page above you'll need-- 
-the tax year for which you are seeking refund status
-the SSN or IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number shown on your tax return 
-Filing Status shown on your tax return
-the exact whole dollar Refund Amount shown on your tax return

Discover more tools on https://www.irs.gov/  and use the information provided above to contact the IRS if needed. [edited] 

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I had client wait 16 weeks on 1041 refund. I'd tell yours to sit tight, it comes when it comes. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

@IntuitGabi As noted above, that only works for individual returns, not 1041s.

Ex-AllStar