Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you import cryptocurrency into ProSeries?

herbslc
Level 1
Looking for how to import cryptocurrency transactions from coinbase. And or how to enter if there is no import.
0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You cant import that coinbase data dump into ProSeries an expect it to be able to digest it.   

Have the client signup with CoinTracker (or a similar service) and it will turn that mess from Coinbase into a usable 8949 style report form that can be entered into PS.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I just let their next tax preparer figure it out.

At my age, I'm not interested in dealing with people who would gamble on that stuff.

mikec610
Level 2

My client has 50 pages of 8949 from Coin Tracker. He also has a Schedule D. I have tried to Summarize the numbers on his 8949 with the idea of transmitting the paperwork to IRS. However, it requires a date of sale on the software. Any ideas how to circumvent this and is this even the correct process. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Just pick a date, it doesnt really matter, they're all short term.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mikec610
Level 2

Thanks! You are a Life Saver😎

jtsjoz
Level 2

Thank you for the Input, I just got 64 pages of 8949 -- Does it matter that they are short-term transaction not reported on a 1099B ( box C checked) 

0 Cheers
linduca
Level 3

Another option might be:   show "various" in the sales date and before e-filing unmark the check for errors.  Attach the spreadsheet with all the transactions on it as a pdf.      AM thinking though, (as suggested) using a date shown for most of the transactions might be the better way to do it. "Various" might be a trigger...  I found dealing this has not been worth the headache.  Will step aside next tax season...

0 Cheers