Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we handle the excess premium tax?

bobi
Level 2

I tried to just delete form 8962 but the form will not delete.   Return shows an error so can't efile.    How do I get rid of form 8962

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Maureen W
Level 2

I imagine we will need to wait for a software update for this to work.

0 Cheers
chasetax
Level 7

@bobi can u explain your issue a little better. i have filed ten or more returns with the APTC payback and have had no issues, still have to file some with the APTC credit-Form 8962 and a pdf of 1095-A must be included for those. Sorry forgot to tell you that the APTC payback also adds ins expenses to Sch A medical so you will need to adjust medical expenses.  You might want to adjust your print options for Form 8962 to 'print if required'-it wont print with return-which is what IRS has said, so make a copy for your files like @Just Lisa Now 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youd have to delete the 1095A to get rid of the 8962

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think theres some error with Sch C and the 8962 now....the software isnt handling it properly.

0 Cheers
bobi
Level 2

I guess if the IRS is suspending the payback of the premium then the self employed person cannot take as medical insurance paid.   I guess I would need to delete 1095A in order to file and t/p would not get the credit for paying any medical insurance.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You'd have to delete the 1095A then manually compute what they actually paid and put it on the Self employed insurance line of Sch C for it to compute the SEHI...or wait for an update.