Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer prior tax client to another computer

xavieravila
Level 1

I am going to be using a new computer.  How do I transfer the software along with the client information to the new computer

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I did this about a year and a half ago. I used PC Mover from Lap Link. You can get it with cables to connect the two computers. All my years of ProSeries moved over without having to reinstall. Also several versions of QuickBooks - I really did not have any software that was a problem.

Also was going from windows 7 to windows 10 and that was not problem either.

But I did it like in September, not in the middle of tax season. That sounds like a nightmare I don't need.

I think I ordered from Amazon

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I did this about a year and a half ago. I used PC Mover from Lap Link. You can get it with cables to connect the two computers. All my years of ProSeries moved over without having to reinstall. Also several versions of QuickBooks - I really did not have any software that was a problem.

Also was going from windows 7 to windows 10 and that was not problem either.

But I did it like in September, not in the middle of tax season. That sounds like a nightmare I don't need.

I think I ordered from Amazon

xavieravila
Level 1

Thank you

0 Cheers