Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I resolve partnership IRS reject code /Return/ReturnData/QBIPTEReportingPartnershipNa/? It has no number.

RAF 1
Level 2
The IRS reject says the partner must have a valid SSN EIN or APPLD FOR entered in their ID number.  Is this just for partners in the partnership that are pass through entities or all partners?
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

All partners.

Ex-AllStar
RAF 1
Level 2

The reject also said that ForeignUS was not a valid entry, but I checked both rejected returns for that and it is not entered or is that just a generic answer?  Does the reject message tell you which partner is wrong as the only thing I got was ForeignUS is not a valid entry?  Finally, is it likely that it only applies to pass through partners?  I will have check over 100 partners and am just trying to narrow it down.

Also thanks for the first answer you gave me!     

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Does the reject message tell you which partner is wrong..."

Thats a good question.  When a dependents SSN has an issue, theres a number on the rejection message that lets you know which dependent in the list (1, 2, 3, etc) has the issue....I wonder if theres anything similar with the partners?

Can you add a screen shot of the full rejection report? You can see/print the full report by highlighting the client in the EFCenter and hitting F12, you should see Rejected returns in the list.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
RAF 1
Level 2

2022-07-17.png

0 Cheers
RAF 1
Level 2

Screenshot is attached, I think.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Looks like it does not tell you which partner(s)

Ex-AllStar