Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link 1099G, Ln 6 (taxable grants) to Sch C?

hedgeslaw
Level 3

Artists who normally file Sch C and who receive govt grants are receiving a 1099G with the taxable grant amount in Box 6 - Taxable Grants of that form. However, on the ProSeries FORM 1099G WKS input sheet, there is no way to link that line 6 amount to their Sch C, Line 6, Other Income. Instead, the program incorrectly drops the amount onto Sch 1 where it incorrectly escapes Self Emplmt Soc Sec.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

Skip the 1099-G input and enter it directly on Sch C other income.

Ex-AllStar
hedgeslaw
Level 3

Entering it on Sch C - Other Income requires the cell to be overridden ... which causes an eFile error. However, that doesn't address the malfunction happening on the 1099-G Input Wks. The program is backfiring and I got to this site by going to HELP/PRODUCT SUGGESTION option to report the mafunction. I expected one of the programmers to step up to the plate on this forum. I guess I'm a dreamer. Those same programmers have taken the ENHANCEMENT REQUEST option off the HELP menu and leave us users this forum where they can ignore us.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"HELP/PRODUCT SUGGESTION option to report the mafunction. I expected one of the programmers to step up to the plate on this forum. I guess I'm a dreamer."

No one ever stated this is Customer Support nor Tech Support, It's always been a community of peer users.

"Those same programmers have taken the ENHANCEMENT REQUEST option off the HELP menu and leave us users this forum where they can ignore us."

There are forum hosts that cruise through, and the Enhancement submit function is right here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

It depends on the specifics of that grant; mostly these are taxable as regular business income.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
hedgeslaw
Level 3

Ha Ha ... that site brings you back to this site.  Try putting in "Please fix the 1099G hot link to Sch C"

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Ha Ha ... that site brings you back to this site."

No, it doesn't. It takes you to a specific Subforum. Right here, the subform is under Community, and specific to ProSeries Discussions. That would be instead of Lacerte and ProConnect.

But that link I gave you is for subforum Proseries, subforum Idea Exchange. It's not Discussions. It's Submissions.

Look at it again.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Carole4
Level 2

I just added it with other 1099 Taxable  Amounts and included the work sheet with the return. Hope ProSeries can fix this before the season begins, I am sure I will have quite a few of these since I helped many of my clients get them.

0 Cheers