Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I indicate on an amended 1041 return that the overpayment of taxes should apply to the 2021 balance of taxes and/or estimated 2022 taxes?

AJMorris
Level 2
The amended return results in an overpayment of 2019 taxes.  Client wishes to use the overpayment to offset the balance of 2020 taxes and apply the rest to estimated taxes.  I can't see how this can be done in ProSeries.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont have the 2019 program open, but in 2020 Line 30a at the bottom of the 1041 is where you credit to the next year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AJMorris
Level 2

Hi Lisa:

Thanks for your quick response, but with an amended return there is no where to show prior "payments" made by the trust.  In this case, from what I've learned, the IRS will match the two returns and will have an overpaid balance.  I just can't figure out, when there are no "payments" for the amended return, how to ensure the overpayment is not refunded to the trust, rather applied.

0 Cheers