Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I important 1099s NOW without importing via pdf copy - option is grayed out in drop down box

LMK7
Level 1

New to ProSeries...in Professional package there is what appears to be the option to import/load data immediately but it is grayed out.  Is it not available yet (1/26) or something isn't working 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Have not tried that, however when I open a client file and click on import it does have an option Tax Import>Import client data from scanned pdf, and the link is live - it goes on to the next step. (I quit there as I had nothing to import).

From the homebase - if I have a client selected it appears that it will work the same way.

Not sure why your's is not working.

Do you have any clients listed yet in the homebase to import information for?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Where will you import them from? It's Jan 26; not only are the forms not even due, yet, but brokerages are warning clients that they will delay and roll out in phases depending on the types of holdings due to late allocations.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Be sure to double check any imported figures for accuracy, it doesn't always work as intended.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@LMK7 Do you also see the import now menu option disabled while in an open client file?

The import now functionality is only available from within the client file and not from HomeBase. 

0 Cheers