Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Proseries to electroncially file a MD return with PTE withholding? This can be done with other tax software.

pjoyce523
Level 2
I get a response from Proseries that MD requires it to be filed on paper.  I work with other software that allows efiling wiht PTE withholding.  Is there a specfic spot in the program to put the PTE withholding so the return can be filed electronically?
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dascpa
Level 11

Been available for e-file for a few years.  Take PTE withholding and add it to Form 502CR, Line 9 for the credit.  Then do the Addition adjustment of the exact same amount on Additional Worksheet, Line r.  Attach a pdf of the K-1 to the return and you're done.

pjoyce523
Level 2

Thanks for replaying however, line 9 on the MD 502CR is not available for entry as it is a subtract of line 8 from line 7!  So the response is not helpful.

Priscilla Campbell, CPA.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Look at Part CC, line 9.  You're looking at the wrong section of the form.

pjoyce523
Level 2

Thank you, it worked.  However if you had said in CC section line 9 I would have found it immediately.  Also if Pro Series had help for this I wouldn't have had to ask the Community.  [Also you can't call help on Sunday as they are not open and I do a lot of my work on Sunday.]

Priscilla Campbell, CPA

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

You're insulting me for giving you the answer?  Hmmph.

0 Cheers