Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter the Grantor Trust Tax Information Letter from HGR Liquidating Trust?

DeveraC
Level 3

Hi, everyone. I am hoping you can help! I have an individual who received the Grantor Trust Tax Information Letter from HFR Liquidating Trust. The trust closed in 2022, so this is the final information. My client called them and verified they would not send a K-1. Instead, the tax information letter is all they are sending out. So, how can I enter the following without the K-1?

Sch. D, Part II, Line 10, Columb 😧 $406 of a partnership interest

Form 4797, Part I, Column G, Line 2, Business Property: -$441

Sch. E, Part II, Line 28, Partnership Income from Passive Activities: -$304

Form 8995-A, Section 199A Qualified Business Income: -$70

Any help you can assist me with would be greatly appreciated. I know everyone is slammed right now. 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

I'm glad to see all the Intuit EE's jumping in to help at the last minute.

However, in this case - I don't think the OP is asking HOW to prepare the Grantor Trust letter, s/he is asking how to enter the info from the letter in the individual program.

@DeveraC  - I'm hoping you figured this out three weeks ago.  You have to find where in the program the info *should* go, then add the numbers there.  I use Lacerte, so I can't help with specifics.

I find these are a royal PITA.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Intuit_Matt B
Employee
Employee

Hello DeveraC! You can find the details of how to complete a Grantor Trust here:

Entering income and deductions allocated to a Grantor trust return in ProSeries Form 1041

abctax55
Level 15

I'm glad to see all the Intuit EE's jumping in to help at the last minute.

However, in this case - I don't think the OP is asking HOW to prepare the Grantor Trust letter, s/he is asking how to enter the info from the letter in the individual program.

@DeveraC  - I'm hoping you figured this out three weeks ago.  You have to find where in the program the info *should* go, then add the numbers there.  I use Lacerte, so I can't help with specifics.

I find these are a royal PITA.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
DeveraC
Level 3

You are correct. I'll never know why they feel this is better than sending out a K-1. I ended up plugging it in. Thankfully, my client had additional information for cost basis, etc., so it made it so much easier.