Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter QBI information in a 1040 when K-1 has multiple amounts for QBI income, wages, etc

SoDak
Level 2

I have a client who has received a 1065 K-1 with a passive loss on Line 1 (-$2,623).  Line 20Z shows negative ordinary income QBI for the trade of business of -$2,297; then pass-through from another entity ordinary loss of -$316; and another pass-through entity ordinary loss of $-11.  No EINs provided for the two pass-through entities.   How do I enter this properly?  I feel the negative QBI carryfoward should be $-2,623.  The way I have it entered now, the program wants to allow the -316 and -11 from the pass-through entities.   K-1 from parent partnership also mentions possible aggregations and the requirement to file the 1.199A-4(C)(2)(I) annual disclosure.  Do I need to aggregate this to have to come out correctly on the 1040?  Anyone else have this happen?  Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here