Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I efile a 2020 SCorp extension for a Texas SCorp that has an extension filing deadline of 6/15/21?

JHocka9788
Level 2

The software doesn't allow me to efile an extension for a 2020 Texas SCorp. The IRS extended the SCorp extension filing deadline to 6/15/21.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
sewcpa
Level 5

You will want to either complete the return and efile it by June 15th

or      do the extension and mail it to IRS  (IRS is unlikely to open the mail and record the extension before you complete the return in Sept !) but this is your protection for any future IRS correspondence

Good Luck

JHocka9788
Level 2

Ouch......sure wish we could use the software that we purchased to efile a timely extension!

Is this the same for 1040 extensions if we want to efile the 4868 after 5/17?

SheScheffer
Level 2

I just called regarding the same thing. Our Texas deadline for all returns is June 15th, we should have the ability to e-file an extension on or before June 15th. Why would Intuit/Proseries/Lacerte not tell us that we needed to e-file back in March (even though they are not due until June 15th). Very unhappy.

sewcpa
Level 5

Yes

I have worked several evenings well past midnight doing protective extensions because I did not trust that IRS would reprogram to recognize either the May 17th deadline for this yr or electronically honor our June deadline.

I do not know if ProSeries will recognize that our TX Franchise tax reports are not due in May this yr

PATAX
Level 15

@SheScheffer @JHocka9788 @sewcpa if you are going to mail the extensions then mail it via USPS certified mail with return receipt... I just got a receipt back from the IRS about a week or so ago so they are opening their mail , at least they did in my case.... Just my opinion

0 Cheers
JHocka9788
Level 2

Yes...we always use registered return request. But we prep 3600+ returns...and, invariably, 20% need to be extended.....which we have done for the most part. But I anticipate 100-200+ more folks/procrastinators we don't even know about will wander in....I don't see why I have to pay $400+ to mail registered pieces of mail when I have software that costs $8K+.

PATAX
Level 15

@JHocka9788 I agree with you one hundred percent my friend... Maybe try this... If I mail 10 corporate extensions to the same location that I included in the same mailing envelope then  I write on the mailing envelope and on the certified mail return receipt "TEN corporate extensions herein". I also write the same thing on the receipt that the post office stamps.. just my opinion

JHocka9788
Level 2

Yes....we've tried bulk mailing as well. And even provided a list of what we were sending in the package...date stamped....and STILL had IRS push back on several of the extensions we'd mailed in the package. 

PATAX
Level 15

@JHocka9788 wow... thanks for the information... Maybe I have been lucky so far with the irs centers that I have filed the extensions with... Keeping my fingers crossed... Just my opinion