Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update the client letter to reflect the revised due date for 2019 federal and state payments due, and for estimated federal and state payments for 2020?

tcahillcpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Tools > Letters> Manage Client Letters > Standard > Edit

Editing the letter is clunky and confusing, you may want to wait for Intuit to do it for you.   The California letter wording has already been updated, so Im guessing the Fed and other states shouldn't be too far behind....

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
smccain
Level 1

I'm piggy backing on this, but the software is pulling the date from somewhere. Is there no where to override this date? The code on my letter is <@FDIEFVch>, but I can't figure out what this code is and where it's pulling from. Anyone know? It's the due date for the 1040-V with an electronically filed return.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Again, you can edit the letter.  You could remove that "trigger code" and type in your own date, or let your clients know that the software is in transition for the new dates and to bear with you this year....guess it depends on how understanding/tolerant your client base is toward these cosmetic issues we have to deal with during this situation.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

you can edit that  by just deleting that <@FDIEVch> and manually typing in the date you want.   If you are in the Letter>>edit.... on the right side...there are like 4 tabs in that section...the Fed Codes tab has a l list of every code...just click on a description..and it will show you the code (trigger)

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
tcahillcpa
Level 1

Lisa,

I was able to edit the client letter as you suggested, I removed the "trigger code" input the July 15, 2020 due dates, where applicable, viewed the letter and it worked as you said it would.  I had to edit the estimated payment section a few times to get it to line up properly but it looks great and gave me the result that I wanted.

I can't thank you enought.

Tom 

smccain
Level 1

I understand I can override it. I just thought since there is a "trigger code" it would be pulling the date from somewhere in the software and there might be a place to override it client by client instead of manually changing the letter now and having to put the code back in later.

Thanks anyways!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They just havent updated it yet...

0 Cheers